Saturday 11 January 2014

Quilting


As a self-confessed shopaholic and completed fashion addict, I have several times, vowed to curb my spending on clothes, accessories and shoes as part of a New Years Resolution. However, despite many attempts I consistently fail to succeed and fall at the first hurdle......new season edits. We are barely one month into 2014 and already we are being seduced by the mouth-watering selection of Spring/Summer patterns, colours and textures items already sneaking their way onto the rails of all retail outlets.

The minute I think I am entirely satisfied with my wardrobe and the selection of AW13 garments that I can mix and match to create fun and exciting ensembles, I am lured to the shops by the new season collections.

One trend that has particularly caught my eye recently is quilting. I am loving the textured nature that quilting adds to simple and plain skirts, tee's, jumpers, trousers and boots to add extra detail and intricacy.

Here are a few quilted items currently on the high street that have caught my eye:

Topshop
Petite Quilted Tee
£32
Quilt Triangle Aline Skirt
£34

Quilt Sweat Tunic
£29

Knitted Hexagon Quilted JumperKnitted Quilted Jumper
£36

Grey Marl Quilted Zip Pelmet Skirt
Was £34 Now £20

DM'S Coralie Quilted Boots
£125

Mango Metallic Quilted Mini Skirt
Mango quilted metallic skirt - £34.99 now £24

ASOS Jacket In Quilting
ASOS quilted jacket - £40

Mango Quilted & Studded Oversized Shopper Bag
Mango quilted shopper bag - £49.99

ASOS PETITE Exclusive Quilted Jacquard Dress with Dipped Hem
ASOS quilted dress with dipped hem - £50

River Island Large Pink Quilted Tote Bag
River Island quilted tote bag - £30

No comments: