Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cardiff Fashion Quarter

The other week I decided to venture away from Queen Street and St Davids shopping centre and explore the Cardiff Fashion Quarter on Womanby Street. I have only heard great things about the independent stallholders and boutiques that reside inside the CFQ so I thought it was worth a visit.

When I arrived the police were actually raiding the building next door which had been growing cannabis but I am sure that bares no reflection on the stallholders in CFQ. It certainly made my trip that little bit more interesting though!

Anyway, I stepped inside and took a good look around.  Inside I found an abundance of vintage clothes, customised pieces, hand-made jewellery, intricate gifts and fascinating art. If you are looking for something different and individual it is definitely the place to go, however, make sure you have cash on you because no cards or cheques are accepted, its a cash only place.  You also have to be willing to have a good rummage through the rails upon rails of eclectic pieces in order to unearth the real trinkets and treasures. I found a stunning silk cream blouse with a draped neck and delicate leopard pattern but unfortunately it was a little on the large size and just didn't work for me, which was disappointing as priced at £10, it was a real steal. And there was plenty more where that came from with an abundance of stone-wash denim, soft, faded leather, floral blouses, tea dresses and cosmic sweats. Its definitely worth a visit once a month to check out the ever evolving stock....and your best excuse to go is this Saturday when they are jumping on the Fashion Week bandwagon by holding an all day party. So get on down this weekend and enjoy a bevvy or two while doing what us fashionistas do best, seeking out your next fashion injection.

Enjoy

No comments: