Saturday 14 January 2012

Bicester Village Heaven









Yesterday i took a trip to Bicester Village, just outside Oxford. For those of you who haven't heard of it or been there, its a designer discount outlet and a definite must visit place on the fashion map of Britain. It is a true fashionista's haven, but i worn you, although all the items are 40% discounted you still need to go there with a wade of cash in your wallet and an empty credit card because you could spend a fortune.


There are to-die-for pieces from the likes of Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, Jimmy Choo, Matthew Williamson, Vivienne Westwood, Dian Von Furstenburg, Valentino, Roberto Cavelli, Michael Kors, Burberry, Prada, Fendi, Agent Provocateur and Ralph Lauren as well as discounted high-end high-street brands like Reiss, All Saints, French Connection, L.K.Bennett, Radley, Pandora, Links of London, Karen Millen and Superdry.


Myself and my friend, Laura, were having coronaries as we wandered from one shop to another revelling in the amazing garments on display in front of us. I almost fell for purchasing a tan leather Mulberry handbag that had hand carved snake-print design all over it and a chanel style metal chain strap on it. It was £600 down from £1100. It seemed like a bargain but then I realised that £600 was still a hell of a lot of money for a handbag that I couldn't really afford.....so managed to tear myself away from it and walk out of the store. Having looked at the website there are other designs that I do prefer so it is one to save up for I think and make a well-thought purchase rather than an impulse splurge!


Then I was tempted by a one off black leather studded Alexander McQueen bag that was £475 down from £1500 and was one of the last bags he designed before he died!! It was incredible but again as I dont really have £475 to spare I did walk away from that too.


Check out these McQueen boots I saw too - only £1000 down from £2000






As we wandered round i couldnt stop thinking about both bags and how great they would look on my arm and how people would complement me on them.  Its so annoying how items such as the Mulberry and McQueen bags imprint on your brain and tease you constantly by flashing images at you so that you end up succumbing to them....I certainly will one day and my Mulberry fund starts today...lol 


My friend Laura gave into a classic heritage style full length Ralph Lauren coat with a real fur detachable collar. It did look stunning but set hr back £300...not bad for a very classic & beautiful coat, but she felt guilty about it for the rest of the day and evening.


We also came across some amazing Vivienne Westwood thigh high boots in taupe which looked incredible and were only £180 down from £700, now £180 is not bank breaking money as knee-high boots in the likes of Dune can reach £150 easily, however the craziness of them and lack of timeless-ness put us off a bit.


Seriously, you could spend a fortune at this place but if there is a designer crush you have, such as a Mulberry bag, I suggest you save £100 a month and in a few months you will have enough to buy your desired bag at a fraction of the cost of the exact same bag in Harvey Nichols....






I would recommend a trip for any die-hard fashionistas but be prepared to spend the whole day here and be overwhelmed by the amazing, outrageous and beautiful array of garments on offer. It is like dying and going to fashion heaven : )


Visit www.bicestervillage.com for more information or for directions 



No comments: