Friday 21 October 2011

Clothing sale



COME BUY MY CLOTHES
So there was a car boot sale style event held in Cardiff back in September that was dedicated to all things clothes related - an event made for fashion hungry people like me. However, unfortunately I couldn't make it because it was being held on the night of my very first Cardiff bloggers meeting (which, as a dedicated Cardiff blogger i really wanted to attend to meet my fellow Cardiff blogger people). 
Anyway, although I was disappointed to miss the 'Designer Boot' clothes sale, as it was called, I really loved the concept, and was a little annoyed I didnt think of it first, but as a previous event organiser, I know all too well how hard it is to get people through the door at events, so am quite happy to sit back & let someone else organise it.  However, as I love the idea of the event and heard from people who went that it was really good, I saw my opportunity to not shop, but sell stuff. So not one to miss out on an opportunity I messaged the organiser of the event to see if it was something she was thinking of doing again and if so, whether I could have my very own stand. I don't know about you guys but I have tried the whole Ebay selling thing, but the only items that seem guaranteed to sell every time is fancy dress outfits!? There must be a lot of other crazy themed hen nights taking place because the buying & selling platform for Ann Summers fancy dress outfits is manic!Consequently, I am now out of all my fancy dress outfits and instead still have a wardrobe, which is currently taking over our coat cupboard, of funky going out dresses. I also have some t-shirts, blouses, skirts and trousers that either don't fit me anymore or I just don't like anymore so am eager to offer them to people who will love them and show them off the way I have in the past. So......Bambi-the-style-hunter turns clothes seller...........just so I can make space to go shopping and buy more clothes! lol


So I have booked a stand for the event on Monday 5th December at The Potted Pig in Cardiff and will be selling some amazing dresses, all of which I still love, but as an old fart these days, who doesn't go out (well clubbing) as much as I used to,so I just don't have the opportunity to wear them very often and they are simply sadly hanging up in my coat cupboard in dress bags being unloved and unworn.  


I am actually really excited about the even & will take photos of some of my favourite items that I will be selling at the event but it is sure to be a rail not to be missed (ok sell over).


Soooooo come along & meet me in person and rummage through my rail of goods but in the meantime have a cracking weekend : )

No comments: