Friday 15 July 2011

Friday treat - sporting the trends

After researching the new trends for Autumn/Winter earlier this week it wet my appetite for a good old shopping spree and I was really craving a good fashion fix. So when I was in London last week I caved in and took a wander round my favourite high street retailer - Topshop, where I succumbed to the shopaholic in me and made a few on trend purchases!


Spotting the trend
With polka dots high on the trend radar this A/W and pretty much everywhere on the high street, they are a must-have item for the forthcoming season. So when scouting round Miss Selfridge I cast my eyes on this sheer, cream and navy polka dot shirt and immediately fell in love. What I really like about this shirt is that it is so versatile, it can be worn with just a bra underneath and paired with some black leather effect jeans and stilettos for a sexy evening look or could be worn with a camisole underneath and a pleated midi skirt for a more formal look. Its a real must-have item for your capsule A/W wardrobe and at just £36 its a steal.  


Cream Spot Drop Back Shirt




Add a splash of colour
When I saw these on a manikin in Topshop I just couldn't resist them. I absolutely love the vibrant raspberry colour which really nails the A/W jewel trend and updates a simple pair of skinny jeans.  Not only are these jeans bang on trend and destined to dazzle your wardrobe throughout the forthcoming season, the best thing about them is that they are extremely versatile and will look great paired with pretty much anything. You could wear with a slinky camisole (like below), a blazer and some sexy leopard print stilettos for a super luxe evening look or with a simple t-shirt and some patterned chelsea boots for a more a relaxed, casual look. I can really see myself living in these jeans throughout A/W 2011 and they are guaranteed to add a splash of colour to my wardrobe throughout the season. Plus at only £38 these are a definite A/W wardrobe staple.


MOTO RASPBERRY LEIGH JEAN


Super luxe embellishment
This was my fashion craving as spotted on Topshop.com earlier in the week. When I saw it, I just thought this is perfect to pair with a pair of jeans and a blazer for a classic Kate Moss look that is funky yet glamorous.


Black Embellished Cami




Bring out the animal in you
After I had actually paid for the jeans, top and shirt above and was on my way out of Topshop, when my eyes were suddenly drawn to these amazing Chelsea Boots and I just couldn't resist them. Although they are a bit way out, they will really add that edginess to any outfit and help update a simple pair of jeans or leggings throughout A/W.
MACCOY Leopard Print Brushed Chelsea Ankle Boots
Although I think I slightly over-indulged this week, I see all my purchases as real investment buys that are all wardrobe staples for the forthcoming season and are guaranteed to be showcased through the Autumn/Winter months.


Happy shopping this weekend : )

No comments: