Monday 30 May 2011

Get me to the Greek

I am going to a wedding in Greece in just over two weeks time and was in desperate need of a suitable dress since the one I ordered off H&M online didn't fit me and all the dresses I liked online were out of stock in my size I decided to make a trip to the shops yesterday afternoon and have a quick scout around.

As usual, I ended up in my ye olde favourite shop that is Topshop and soon spotted a royal blue maxi dress that could work well for a wedding abroad and would also be very wearable day to day depending on how it was accessorized. I tried it on and immediately loved it. I also received a number of compliments on how the colour really suited me. Perfect. I decided to get it, so I just needed to find some nice gold accessories to help me become a Grecian Glamazon suitable for my Greek wedding.


Blue Racer Back Maxi Dress

Creased Disc Drops
a gold belt also from Topshop

Gold bangles (also from Topshop)


Gold gladiator sandals (from New Look)


You can also easily dress it down with a waist coat, brown belt, flat sandals and bright coloured beads to give it a boho vibe. I particularly like the beads below:

Amber PendantMixed Chunky Bead RopeSeedbead Chain Drape Multirow

Alternatively you could really funk it up with a bright fuschia pink belt and a necklace like the one below and a bleached denim jacket:

Semi Precious Cross TasselSuper Bleach Denim Crop Jacket
I love this dress because it is so versatile and very wearable. The hardest thing will be to not wear it for the next few weeks before I head to Greece!! lol

Happy Shopping : ) xxx

No comments: