Tuesday 2 September 2014

Monochrome madness


I don't know about you but I was just starting to feel like summer was in full swing and then the rain came tumbling down and with that the shops became showered with sombre tones of autumn. I am happy to embrace the new season shades of berry, bottle green, terracotta, leopard and monochrome but I wasn't expecting to add them to my wardrobe quite so soon.

However, after my visit to Topshop recently, as part of my mega task list to return a        t-shirt I bought the previous week, I became mesmerised by the array of new and exciting stock before me, and was immediately drawn to sifting through the rails for items in my size. As I scoured the store I started picking up a collection of interesting and chic monochrome items and before I knew it I had a plethora of garments in my arm.

I must admit I am a massive fan of the monochrome look. Not only is it chic and sophisticated but it can be fun and playful too if you opt for interesting patterns or pair with colour pop shoes or handbag to jazz it up a bit. Not only is monochrome a great look for any occasion, it is also a top trend for AW14/15 and one to have fun with for the forthcoming season. I am loving the full midi skirts, leather pencil skirts, crisp white shirts and tailored joggers.


 So after returning a £30 t-shirt I walked out having spent almost £100....in my defence I totally NEED all items for my AW14/15 wardrobe and they are an investment given the weather because I may be wearing them all sooner than I think!!

Check out some of Topshop's latest collection
Aztec Mono Lantern Skirt
Aztec mono lantern skirt £45

Drape Front Pocket Blouse
Smart cross over blouse with pocket - £36

Oversized Snake Print Shirt
Oversized snake print shirt - £40

Feather Print Tee
Feather print tee - £38

Dogooth Cigarette Trousers
Dogtooth cigarette trousers - £42

Scribble Scratch Print Jersey Tapered Trousers
Scribble scratch tapered jersey joggers - £28

Rib Waist Joggers
Ribbed waist grey formal joggers - £40

Monochrome Blur Check Print Shell Top
Monochrome blur print shell top - £36

Monochrome Dogtooth Skort
Monochrome dogtooth print Skort - £36

Window Panel Tee
Window print tee - £32

Side Pocket Grid Tunic Dress
Grid tunic dress - £32

No comments: