Sunday 25 November 2012

Miss England 2011 style secrets revealed....




I recently spoke to the very lovely Model and former Miss England 2011, Alize Lily Mounter about her personal style and fashion secrets. Alize has modelled for some huge fashion brands and was recently selected to model for fashion website Net-a-Porter. She splits her time between modelling jobs, castings and studying for her journalism degree at the University of Roehampton. Follow Alize on Twitter at @Alize_lily.

Find out where she likes to shop, her all time favourite items and general style secrets here. Also if you want to ask any questions let me know & I will find out for you....



How would you describe your personal style?
I would describe my personal style as classic mixed with some more alternative more edgy pieces. I enjoy mixing it up between the classic, elegant British styles and something more bohemian.  
This would probably because I love vintage and being Miss England for a year I think I have become a huge admirer of the regal British look that is appreciated and copied worldwide. My more bohemian style would probably come from my love of music; I love the Beatles and everything hippy or gypsy inspired from the 60's. I also love anything edgy to spice up an outfit like biker boots and studs!


Where do you like to shop? in London & Cardiff (location like portobello road, oxford street, carnaby street, neal street)
Wow where do I start, I love shopping way too much. I recently have a new love for brick lane and spitalfields market where you can pick up vintage pieces. I adore shopping on Kings Road especially in the summer time with many different types of clothing stores, coffee shops, restaurants, home stores, shoe shops, art galleries all on one road with Harrods just around the corner it is no surprising how interesting it is to shop there. I love the atmosphere of Carnaby Street you really feel like you are shopping in the heart of London with the winded cobbled streets and the diverse range of shops. Including London's all famous Liberty which I absolutely love and some of the best makeup stores like MAC and the Makeup store.
I also am a frequent visitor of Westfields Shepherds Bush, because I live close by. I love the way I can get everything I need under one roof, especially if its cold or raining. There is an abundance of shops, restaurants, sweet shops, pretzels not to mention the huge Vue Cinema to keep everyone entertained. I also more than love the Village section where you can shop for designer and drink champagne if you wish. Amazing! 


What is your favourite all time shop(s)?
At the moment Zara for me is one of the best stores around for my particular style, it is not too pricey and they always seem to have new pieces and lots of range to choose from. Especially in London I feel their stores off lots of choice and I can be in there a very long time as I always find so many nice items. I also love Harrods, who doesn't? It is the iconic London department store, and I can be in there hours I love everything in site - it really is divine! Also I love design brands like Mulberry, Prada and Gucci with some of the best stores being also in that Knightsbridge/Belgravia area. I love shopping for designer of Brompton Road and Sloane Street. 


What is the favourite (cant live without) item/garment in your wardrobe?
At the moment it is my nude/pink Prada handbag. I had it as a special gift for my Birthday and I really think I just have to take it everywhere. It also has a long strap so I can put it over my shoulder or have it handheld. It completes every out fit and I don't think I have ever loved a handbag as much as this! Although it is now in trouble of looking worn because I think I have used it everyday since having it! Haha!


What are your style secrets?
I would say less is always more. I would always rather buy something that is more expensive but I know is timeless rather than buying lots of cheaper items that will be thrown out in a few months or never worn. I also mean that in the sense of dressing; you can buy classic items that will look expensive but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to have the designer price tag. Never over accessorise or wear too many colours, be simple. Always wear colours that work best for your hair colour and skin tone - and always - always dress right for the occasion! Theres nothing worse than being over dressed as I think it can appear cheap or tacky, and being under dressed just makes you feel less confident. Always wear clothes that you feel most comfortable in as then you feel your most confident! And always buy vintage - as most of the time nobody else will have it!




What is your favourite AW12 trend?
Anything leather and black! I love the winter coats which has a mix-match of leather and fabric. It looks expensive and on-trend! I just recently bough myself one from Zara. I love it!


What item are you currently lusting after?
I am currently lusting after some black leather knee high riding style boots and UGG ear muffs as I am going skiing for New Years! 


What is the most exciting brand you have modelled for?  
I would say it would be amazing designer website 'net-a-porter', because I got to wear many beautiful designer clothing all at once!

                                                    




No comments: