With festival season in full swing, and although I missed out on Glastonbury this year, I do have tickets for V festival in Staffordshire in August, so like all fashionistas I am on the look out for the perfect festival trends so I can attempt to maintain of the utmost style possible while wading through mud!
Much to my delight I came across a few style suggestions on the Vogue website, which pretty much outline what most keen festival goers have already been fashioning, however you will find that these five key rules are pretty easy to obey - essentially go for fringing, crochet, big sunglasses, denim cut offs and florals in the day followed by some embellishment in the evening and a flower in your hair for laid back glamour! And don't forget a massive bag to carry your stuff around in!
Whatever festival you attend this year you can now ensure that you look the part....so get shopping & enjoy your weekend
Festival Fashion according to the fashion bible - Vogue
- For the day, take inspiration from the original festival-goers of the Seventies by keeping the look laid back with loose-fitting crochet and easy hanging fringing, as seen at Gucci, Elie Tahari and Roberto Cavalli.
- As evening sets in, go for Studio 54 glamour with shorts in luxe fabrics and a flower in your hair, as seen at Dior, Rodarte and Marc Jacobs.
- Now is the time to let go of your staple denim cut offs and follow the lead of D&G and Stella McCartney by embracing floral and fruity prints.
- Stick with the vintage feel when it comes to your eyewear; seek out oversized specs at MaxMara and the colourful offerings of Prada and Fendi.
- Manage your hair with a plaited up-dos - à la Erdem and Ungaro - while hats and headscarves at Marc Jacobs, Prada, Missoni, Ferragamo and Etro engulfed the catwalk providing countless cover up options.